Looking around my kitchen, I came across some of my favorite kidney diet-friendly spices which I use in many of the dishes I cook. These are great, kidney-friendly cooking alternatives that don’t sacrifice savory flavor even though they boast no sodium content.
When you cook without sodium you really have to increase your seasonings and spices to give food a good flavor. If your not used to eating low sodium this becomes even more important. Look at the list and tell me what your favorite salt free seasonings are.
Here are my 8 top kidney-friendly seasonings:
- Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend: If you like something with a kick and I mean spicy you will love this seasoning. Its got all the heat without the salt. I have used it on a variety of dishes including home made salad dressings, vegetables, etc. If you want to add “heat” to a dish this is a good choice.
- Mrs. Dash Italian Medley Seasoning Blend: If you like classic American Italian foood this is your salt free spice for your kidney diet. When I want that flavor I add plenty of this seasoning. In fact this is one of the ones I used the most in my house. I go through bottles of it pretty quick.
- Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend: Another good classic seasoning. Even though I limit my protien intake, you can put this on anything and give it that classic chicken flavor seasoning. You can cook any meats with this seasoning and vegetables. If you eat low protein, like me, the vegetables will have a meat flavor to them to enjoy.
- Trader Joe’s Rainbow Peppercorns: A good quality pepper you can freshly grind over your food or cook in dishes.
- Doc’s Salt Free New Orleans Hot Sauce: Not bad at all. It doesn’t have the intense heat necessary for me to call this hot sauce. It does have a nice kick to it, and my family did say it was spicy and I was wrong. I think I just have a higher tolerance level for heat than most people. Regardless, it’s a nice option to have and it mixes well with other spices.
- Trader Joe’s Spices of the World 21 Seasoning Salute: A basic good blend of spices. Not a favorite where it makes me go through bottles of it. I say, a good basic spice to mix it up.
- Bragg Organic Sprinkle 24 Herbs & Spices Seasoning: Good, people really love this one. It has a strong taste of a blend of herbs. No one herb you can pinpoint in this that sticks out. Good flavor and worth being in your cabinet.
- Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend: Like lemon pepper? If the answer is yes, you will absolutely love this salt free delight.
And, if you really want to discover the BEST foods for your kidney, you need to be reading our All-Natural Kidney Health Restoration Program, loaded with tons of delicious recipes, easy-to-plan menus and grocery shopping lists!