- Decreasing progression of CKD to ESRD (end-stage renal disease)
- Reducing serum creatinine levels
- Increasing creatinine clearance
- Increasing serum albumin and hemoglobin
- Improving lipid metabolism
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Improvement in Anemia symptoms
- Improvement in bone
Cordyceps is additionally known to be effective for a number of other issues both related and unrelated to kidney disease. Issues such as:
- Increasing Immune Function This is generally due to its anti-inflammatory properties and can boost your body’s immune response to colds, flus, viruses and other illnesses. Definitely useful for people with kidney disease who need to shore up their body’s natural defenses as much as possible.
- Slowing The Aging Process Again, due to Cordyceps’ anti-inflammatory properties, the body experiences a surge in anti-oxidants which help protect against symptoms of aging and also boost brain function leading to longer, fuller lives.
- Improving Athletic Prowess Cordyceps is able to boost ATP the body’s main source of energy during periods of exertion. This helps you lengthen your workouts and maximize your performance.
- Enhances Libido Cordyceps may help improve blood flow along with improving energy and endurance levels which can help boost sexual desire and fertility.
- Regulates Blood Sugar This attribute of Cordyceps is of exceptional importance to CKD sufferers who often face Diabetes in conjunction with their CKD. Managing blood sugar is a vital part of living a healthier lifestyle with diabetes.
- Cardiovascular Support This is another aspect of Cordyceps which is pretty important for those living with CKD as they are at a much higher risk of developing heart problems in conjunction with their CKD. Cordyceps can reduce the triglycerides responsible for heart disease, while also lowering another risk factor…high cholesterol.
- Protecting Against Cancer, the anti-oxidant boost provided by Cordyceps can help shield the body against cancer cells and even help with easing the side effects of cancer treatment.
In conclusion, researchers believe that there is a staggering body of evidence which touts the myriad benefits of cordyceps treatment in conjunction with conventional Western approaches.
If you’d like more information about holistic kidney treatments and emerging research into new and exciting ways you can help support more normal kidney function, be sure to read our articles and take a look at our videos on YouTube.